1. To generate knowledge and scientific research of world-class quality.
2. To focus research efforts on current problems, issues, and challenges that concern the national, regional, and global community.
3. To give attention to applied research that leads to patents.
4. To allocate sufficient resources for the development of research infrastructure.
5. To make available sufficient information resources for the purpose of research.
6. To encourage publication in high-index journals and to promote research citations.