The project specific objectives are as follow:
1. To introduce the topic of socio-economic impacts of renewable energy to the curricula of undergraduate and postgraduates programmes in different MENA and EU universities.
2. To deepen the understanding of the socio-economic impacts of renewable energy projects among communities, working force and university renewable energy faculty members and graduates in the MENA region.
3. To improve the quality of renewabke energy courses offered in the partner and associated universities.
4. To develop and implement online teaching modules in the field socio-economics impacts of renewable energy for a wider dissemination.
5. To enhance cooperation amongst Jordanian, Egyptian, Palestinian, Syrian and Lebanese Universities on one hand and these with EU Universities on the other hand in the fireld of socio-economic impacts of the implementation of renewable energy technologies.
6. To build the capacities of the university teaching staff in partner and associated universities through training workshops and exchange activities.
The main objective of the project is to provide a high quality education for MENA students in the key aspects of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (REEE) technology with the emphasis on the socio-economic aspects of these technologies, therefore enabling them to take responsible, creative, challenging and stimulating posts in policymaking, industry or research in this targeted field.
The additional specific objectives of the project are to promote and publicize new REEE technologies in the country and considerably increase the scale of REEE technologies application in public and private buildings in accordance with the National Energy Plan via highlighting the high socio economic impacts of these technologies. DESIRE foresees n. 5 activities:
1. To introduce 4-6 modules in the topic of socio-economic impacts of renewable energy to the curriculum of undergraduate and postgraduate study programmes in different faculties at different partner and associated universities in the MENA region and possibly in the EU.
2. To develop and implement online modules and study material related to the socio-economics impacts of renewable energy utilization as an e-learning platform for a better outreach for the target groups.
3. Carry out campaigns, workshops and public awareness activities to enhance the understanding of the socio-economic impacts of renewable energy projects on both national and individual consumer levels.
4. To enhance the capabilities of existing REEE training entities at partner and associated universities to improve their capacity building programmes and long-life training in the field.
5. To establish a national regional and international network that will establish cooperation between partner and associated MENA universities and EU partners with respect to the socio-economic impacts of the utilization of renewable energy systems